I am glad that I was allowed to post a guest blog on my page. I want to thank my friend for giving me the chance to share this cake pop recipe.I would also like to introduce to the new cake pop site “How to make cake pops”. You can also find other interesting design of animal cake pops and other helpful information to create cake pops by clicking HERE .
For Making Sponge cake
- White flour (all purpose flour) - 3/4 cup
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- baking powder - 3/4 tsp
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- sour cream or plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- sugar (extra, if needed) - 1/2 cup
- oil - ¼ cup
- Vanilla frosting – 1 cup
- Candy wafers – vanilla
- Lollipop sticks
- Pink heart shaped sprinkle for nose
- M &M brown candy for ears
- Black candy writer
- Sieve and combine white flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and keep it aside.
- Combine yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla(essence) into another bowl. Beat till you get creamy mixture.
- Then mix in flour mixture into whisked ingredients.
- Switch the oven to 375 F. Bake the cake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cake to cool down to room temperature.
- Then crumble the cake. Then mix in frosting in the crumbled cake.
- Knead well and scoop out the cake mixture into your hands and shape into round shape.
- Freeze all the cake balls for 10 to 15 minutes
- Melt the candy chocolate into microwave.
- When the shaped dough are set into freezer for 15 minutes. Remove it out and dip them into melted candy and put in the stick straight into a chilled cake balls.
- Dip the cake pop into melted candy and remove any excess candy coating.
- While frosting is wet, attach half cut M&M candy pieces in position for ears.
- Allow the pops are dry, then apply little amount of melted candy coating in position for the nose and attach pink heart shaped sprinkle.
- Use a black candy writer to pipe coating on either sides of the nose. Also draw eyes.
- Panda cake pops are ready.
About the Author: Pranjali Naik is a food blogger and owner of www.foodydelight.com