Raw bananas - 4 (cut in small pieces)
Coconut (grated) - 1/2 cup
Green Chilly - 3 (sliced)
Garlic - 2 cloves
Curry Leaves - a few
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tbsp
Tumeric - 1/2tsp
Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies - 2
- Remove the peel and cut the bananas into small pieces and soak in water.
- Heat oil in a kadai,splutter mustard seeds,urad dal ,dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Drain water and add the banana pieces to the kadai .
- Mix well,cover and cook for a few min.s
- Grind grated coconut,green chillies and garlic- to a paste using little water.
- Remove the lid from kadai.Add salt and tumeric .
- Cook till the bananas are cooked and soft.
- Add the coconut paste and mix well.
Note :- You can use any other cooking oil too..but remember this dish tastes best with coconut oil.