Ripe Plantain(banana) - 6 (could be made with any type of banana)
Maida - 3/4 cup or 1 cup
Haldi - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 2 to 3 tsp
Water - as needed
Oil - for deep frying
Method : -
- Remove skin from banana and cut into 2(lengthwise) or into 4 pieces.
- Take a wide bowl and mix maida with all other dry ingredients.
- Add water and make a thick batter..thick enough to cover up the banana pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dip banana pieces into maida battter and deep fry them on medium flame until light brown and crispy.
- Take out on Kitchen towl or absorbent paper.
On my recent visit to a Chinese Resturant..for dessert i ordered Banana Fritters with Vanilla Ice-cream...Ummff..it tatsted YUMMY..had fritters as a dessert first time.. pls do try it with ice-cream too..