Maida - 1.5cup
Ghee - 6tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4tsp
Powdered Sugar - 2Tbsp
Water - as required
Grated Coconut - 1.5cup
Cashew n Raisins - 10(chopped finely)
Cardamom powder - 1/2tsp
Ginger Powder - a pinch
Sugar - 3/4cup
Ghee - 1tbsp + for deep frying
- Mix maida,baking soda,powdered sugar and ghee into a bowl.Mix till it resembles a texture same as bread crumbs.Add little water and knead into a soft dough.Keep aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins.Add freshly grated coconut to the ghee and fry..do not change color .Add illachi powder and Ginger powder.
- Take out this coconut mix to a bowl and add sugar and fried nuts to it.Keep Aside.
- Now take the dough and make small puris,put it inside the gujia maker.
- Fill the puri with the coconut filling.
- Dip ur fingers in water and moist the edges of gujia.Close the gujia maker and press ,remove the excess dough.
- Prepare all gujias in the same way.
- Heat Ghee in a kadai and deep fry these gujias on medium flame.
I hand-made all these gujias..as i didn't had the gujia maker.Process reamins the same.Just roll the puri ,moist the edges,fill in the coconut mix and close the sides.Take a fork,using the back side of fork-press the edges of gujia.
Note:- Do not over fill the gujias,it will break the gujias while frying.