The other day my hubby brought home 2 packets full of Raspberries..one packet i finished making raspberry shake..then i was wondering wat to do with the rest ..??? While watching a cookery show on TV,saw the chef making two cakes-Pineapple Upside-Down and Apple upside -down cake...so i wondered-"Whether Strawberry/Raspberry Upside-Down Cake"is possible or nt..??I started browsing and landed on this site..aah !!For those who luv "Baking"...its a "must visit"page.
Adapted from - Joy The Baker
2 tbsp unsalted butter(i used melted ghee)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sliced Strawberries/Raspberries
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened( i used melted ghee)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract(i ran out of stock so i repalced it with Rose ess.)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cardamom(could be replaced with Cinnamon too)
2/3 cup sour cream(i replaced it with plain yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180-190 degree C.
- Place butter in the cake pan and place in the oven. When butter is melted, remove pan from the oven. Using two pot holders(gloves), tilt the pan around and around, coating the sides of the pan with butter. Once sides are coated, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar on medium speed, until slightly pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop mixer, scrape down the bowl with a spatula, and add egg and vanilla extract. Beat for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer off, add the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed while adding the sour cream. Beat until the batter just comes together. Batter will be pretty thick. Atlast -finish incorporating ingredients with a spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar into the melted butter in the cake pan. Sprinkle strawberry/Raspberry slices over the butter and sugar in a single layer. Spoon batter over the strawberries and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake rest for 10 minutes before running a knife around the edge of the cake and inverting the cake onto a cake plate.
Serve warm with sweetened sour or whipped cream.Njoy!!!